Slim, compact design and 10.1 in. WSVGA IPS capacitance durable, scratch-resistant glass viewing angle up to 178 °, multi-functional Eee Pad transformer who want to enjoy multimedia flat panel display perfect move, but still want have easy access to web pages, e-mail and other productivity applications. Custom user interface provides easy access Android3.2 (cellular) number of operating system functions, while the NVIDIA ® Tegra ™ 2 chipset provides full support the use of Adobe ® Flash ® 10.2,1 smooth high-definition video conferencing and playback, fast If lightning website experience, and incredible mobile gaming performance. Optional docking station into the transformer Eee Pad PC mode, a QWERTY keyboard, while extending battery life up to 16 hours.2 front and rear camera, video chat, digital photography, video playback on an HDTV can make a mini HDMI output ports, making it a truly mobile entertainment device.
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101-A1 10.1-Inch Tablet
I do not generally write reviews but this tablet is worth it. I have owned(and returned) and Motorola Xoom and have tested the Ipad 2. BOTH are nice devices for sure but a tad bit overpriced and I am not a huge fan of the boring iOS customization options. For $399 (Asus Transformer 16gb version) you get the 10 inch tablet, you get the Tegra POWER, the nice sound and the latest Android tablet operating system (honeycomb) which is the perfect combination.
Device feels very solid in hand, not too light, not too heavy, all of the apps from my previous Mytouch 4g work on the tablet and it functions very well. Battery life is GREAT, I set it to leave wifi on permanently without disconnecting and took it off the charger at 9pm yesterday, used it to tweet, browse and type a paper while listening to non stop music until about 1-2am. Woke up today at 9am, my new emails were synced and gtalk was running…..STILL had 69% left. It is now going on 1pm, i haven’t used it much besides for my alarm clock and listened to another 10 songs and tweeted while i got ready for class and its sitting at 63% now.
- Great Battery Life (Without the Keyboard dock’s extra power source)
- Nice weight, does not feel cheap
- Android 3.0 for tablets is a great step forward to set it apart from everyone else just using the phone OS
- Can handle ALL tasks( Recreation, Games, Music, Work documents, homework, etc) My laptop has been put to rest since owning a table…. R.I.P.
- PLENTY of apps for everyone and everything you are interested in.
- Google talk video chat works like a charm
- Cameras take good quality pictures
- EASE OF USE
- Not a fan of the placement of the speakers since they put them towards the bottom. My hands sometimes blocks them while holding the device but i can still hear the music just fine(even though not as loud)
- The charger is kinda short, that is acceptable but it seems like when you plug the Tablet to the computer it stops charging when you have the screen on, i found that a little strange. Safety reasons? im not sure.
Final Verdict: If you want a GREAT tablet that is affordable, has video chat, music, games, apps, full internet browsing abilities and PLENTY of customization options then this is your device! Easily replaced my new laptop, much lighter, better battery life and can do the same things…literally.
*SideNote* Those 3g/4g radio tablets seem to have less battery life because of the data connection. this Wifi only tablet is the best solution and i can STILL have internet on the go by simply using the Wifi hotspot option on my t-mobile Android device. Tmobile offers the ability to legally use the wifi hotspot on your existing Android device for only 9.99 a month, thats MUCH better than paying an extra $40-$60 for a data plan on a tablet alongside with a 1-2 year contract. #ThinkAboutIt
Lenovo IdeaPad advanced flat K1 lets you connect to the music, movies and applications on the road. Its website, because you have never seen IdeaPad 10.1-inch flat-panel K1 using Android3.0 site like no other flat optimized K1 Flash content fully supports the latest and complete digital rights management (DRM). So you can legally download and store in a usable format for each film, in addition, it is immediately synchronized with a dedicated online space, photos, music and video, so you can easily shared across multiple devices, or broader world, through integration with popular social networking site. Lenovo access the Android Market application store and thousands of useful applications and games are just a click away.
Lenovo K1 Ideapad 130422U 10.1-Inch Tablet (Black)
Ordered directly from Lenovo on 7/27/11 since I received a discounted price through my company. Shipped directly from China on 8/8/11 and received on 8/12/11. Been using it every day since for a couple of hours a day. K1 came with everything updated with all latest versions including Netflix. So far have had no issues which other reviews have pointed out including professional reviews found elsewhere on the net.
1. Has not froze or crashed once.
2. Have downloaded a couple of movies from Netflix and spent about 20 minutes watching without issues however never watched a complete movie.
3. YouTube works fine with no buffering problems.
4. Load times for surfing the net are slower than my PC’s however don’t think comparing a PC to a tablet is a fair comparison. Tablet to tablet makes sense which I haven’t done and the speed is not that bad.
5. Don’t see a need for half the apps included but they can be deleted and each to their own.
6. Screen sharpness is excellent.
Based on the many negative reviews and my lack of any problems might very well have to do with the first lot of tablets which had to be shipped early in July to meet the late July first day of sale.
I would recommend this tablet.
- Integrated front (2M) & back (5M) mounted webcam
- Full support for the latest Flash content
- 10-point multi-touch for an unmatched touch — screen experience
- Instantly syncs photos, music and videos with a dedicated online storage space for easy sharing across multiple devices, or with the wider world through integration with popular social networking sites
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) allows you to legally download & store movies on your tablet in every available format and watch them later — anywhere, anytime
- SocialTouch® allows you to manage all your social networking engagements on sites like Facebook® and Twitter® on a single, easy-to-use interface
- A range of addictive games like Angry Birds and Galaxy on Fire 2 THD
- Lenovo App Shop and the Android Market ensure ready access to thousands of useful apps